42 track album
Compilation 4 is now up for streaming and download. Over 40 bands. Pay what you want or don’t pay at all. All proceeds raise goes toward the RAINN.
Reblog and share!
Good morning! Head over to Invisible Oranges and check out the new Tiger Flowers song, “Batesian Mimicry” streaming now! http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014/03/song-debut-tiger-flowers-batesian-mimicry/
In Baltimore 4/11:
Frameworks will be heading out on their first US tour this spring along with Gates and Tiny Moving Parts! The band will also be playing dates to and from SXSW. You can find all of those directly below:
- 3/08 - Pembroke Pines, FL - The Talent Farm &
- 3/10 - Birmingham, AL - The Forge %
- 3/11 - Jackson, MS - Rampage Skatepark %
- 3/12 - SXSW @ Brixton Agency/Run For Cover Records Day Party @ The Liberty
- 3/12 - SXSW @ Brooklyn Vegan Official Showcase @ Red 7 Patio
- 3/13 - SXSW @ Topshelf Records Day Party @ Soho Lounge
- 3/13 - SXSW @ The Dial Showcase @ Pearl St. Co-op
- 3/14 - SXSW @ Meatspin Showcase
- 3/15 - Lafayette LA - Heffe’s Saloon^
- 3/16 - Dothan, AL - Sunrise Self Storage^
& w/ Touche Amore, Caravels, Seahaven
% w/ The Caution Children, You Blew It!, Prawn, Special Explosion
- 4/15 - Raleigh, NC - Kings
- 4/16 - Baltimore, MD - Charm City Art Space
- 4/17 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fire
- 4/18 - Brighton, MA - Roggies
- 4/19 - Brooklyn, NY - Saint Vitus
- 4/20 - Pittsburgh, PA - Smiling Moose
- 4/22 - Newport, KY - Southgate House
- 4/23 - Chicago, IL - Township *
- 4/24 - St. Louis, MO - Firebird *
- 4/25 - Lincoln, NE - Bourbon Theatre *
- 4/26 - Denver, CO - Marquis Theatre *
- 4/27 - Salt Lake City, UT - Shred Shed *
- 4/29 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon Lounge *
- 4/30 - Portland, OR - Slabtown *
- 5/02 - San Francisco, CA - Brick and Mortar *
- 5/03 - Los Angeles, CA - Cobalt Cafe *
- 5/04 - San Diego, CA - Che Cafe *
- 5/05 - Mesa, AZ - The Underground *
- 5/06 - El Paso, TX - The Spot *
- 5/07 - Austin, TX - Mohawk Inside *
- 5/08 - Dallas, TX - Three Links *
- 5/09 - Jackson, MS - Rampage Extreme Skatepark (No Gates) *
* w/ Tiny Moving Parts
Lastly, You can read this new interview the band did with Brooklynvegan regarding their new LP, Gainesville, touring, recording with Jack Shirley & working with us among other topics. The interview also includes plenty of in-studio photos and a stream of “Loom” incase you missed it last week.
4/16 in Baltimore!
After many failed harddrives leading to much delay on our end, the 7” square lathe on Driftwood Records is coming to fruition.
We used the weird format and low pressing numbers as an opportunity to sneak some rarities into the world. On this one-sided record, we finally release ‘I Got Kicked Out of Germany,’ our tantrum-like response to the trouble we had over there a few years ago, and ‘I Encapsulated the Human Experience In a Ten Second Song,’ an actual 10sec song originally intended for a comp that never materialized.
These tracks are a few years old, so fans of that weird period in the band’s life should take extra interest.
This record is up for preorder here.
Support dandy, he broke
Also SDF, they rule
Our website is now officially live at fakecrab.sexy.
Our webstore is now available at mkt.com/fake-crab-records as well. Tapes are $5 with $2 postage anywhere in the US.
Give me $$$
Wouldn’t CRIPPLING DEBT be yummy as a chip? Submit your own idea now! Lay’s Do Us A Flavor is back, and the search is on for the yummiest flavor idea. Create a flavor, choose a chip and you could win $1 million! https://www.dousaflavor.com See Rules.
FC-002: Osprey - First Seven Songs
Even though this is FC-002, it is the first release we have finished. Osprey is a punk band from Baltimore and features Fake Crab’s Jonathan on vocals. Cover woodcut design by Jon Soucy (Osprey’s guitarist.) Hand/stamp numbered out of 30, available via the band directly and (soon) the Fake Crab webstore.
Whatever profit we make from this will go towards funding future releases.
Yo, this is a new thing I have been working on with my friend Jon. We have a few releases coming up, the first (second?) of which is this. Follow us here and on Facebook and give us money because commerce.